Sometimes I’m amazed by how many Internet SJWs express their outrage about women in film being portrayed as uptight and humorless by acting… uptight and humorless.
I mean, there’s a difference between thoughtful analysis and knee-jerk complaining over the tiniest thing. The latter does not help. Am I tired of most mainstream comedies being made up of a bunch of hilarious dudes and one or two token women? Sure. But I still enjoy a lot of those movies. You don’t have to be suffering from a case of the Internalized Misogynies to think Paul Rudd is still pretty fucking funny. And frankly, I resent the implication that all women who actually like Judd Apatow’s filmography are somehow ~traitors to feminism~ or whatever. You can enjoy things that aren’t perfect without being a terrible person.
Sometimes a movie is just a movie and a TV show is just a TV show. The internet needs to calm the fuck down.
This message is brought to you by my habit of reading shit that I know is just going to make me angry!
- femalewithopinions likes this
- nursingdegreeinfeelings likes this
- sharksandrecreation likes this
- thisdorkyblogthing likes this
- mangobrains likes this
- blackling reblogged this from lizdexia
- blackling said: THIS.
- superhumangirl said: All the people I know who think Apatow is sexist haven’t seen Freaks and Geeks and didn’t know that he was directly involved with Bridesmaids. I mean, sheesh. Also, why get angry at a white guy who makes a movie about white guys? Why?
- superhumangirl likes this
- goldhairandlightning likes this
- two-hundredthirtypaces likes this
- electrickite likes this
- wrrrriorqueen likes this
- dancepetunia likes this
- ryeisenberg likes this
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- lostinprocrastination likes this
- satirically-yours likes this
- levondrious likes this
- imcastortroy likes this
- lizdexia posted this