I finally just listened to “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and it seriously reminded me of NY Mag’s current story on Jane Pratt, where Pratt hypothesizes that everyone has a “spiritual age” — the age you feel you’re meant to be forever — and hers is like 15 or 16. That’s gotta be TSwift’s deal, right? She’s an adult on the outside, but she’s dating an 18-year-old and writing songs that literally sound like the lyrics were pulled verbatim from a fifteen-year-old’s Tumblr. Like, she’s basically a Sweet Valley Twin at this point. Maybe that should be her next project: Sweet Valley High concept album. “Jess wears short skirts/I wear t-shirts/She’s cheer captain/And I’m on the school paper.” Twist: this song is dedicated to Bruce Patman.
(I hope there’s a song about that girl who tried cocaine once at a party and she didn’t know she had a heart condition and it killed her.)
For the past couple years I’ve been able to let it slide — with her second album, those were all written when she was legitimately a teenager, and then Speak Now was basically just a retread of the same topics. But, like, YOU’RE A REAL ADULT NOW. YOU DATED JOHN MAYER. YOU CAN’T GO BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL AFTER DATING JOHN MAYER.
If Carly Rae Jepsen isn’t her opening act on her next tour I will be floored.
- nursingdegreeinfeelings said: Is that Kennedy kid she’s dating really only 18? Oh boy…and she wonders why the boys she dates are emotionally immature. Because she chooses to date douchebags, gay guys, and children.
- femalewithopinions likes this
- nutbutt reblogged this from lizdexia and added:
- porcupine-racetrack likes this
- omgstephanie likes this
- onfirealmost likes this
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- babeofbelair likes this
- flowerswrappedinbacon likes this
- tori-ko likes this
- rawwrr15 reblogged this from thinktwicehomeslice
- sharksandrecreation likes this
- croweggs likes this
- marquesses likes this
- sadbandit reblogged this from lizdexia
- nosuchthingas-werewolves likes this
- thinktwicehomeslice reblogged this from lizdexia
- thinktwicehomeslice likes this
- zoso reblogged this from lizdexia
- bobloblaw- likes this
- higgylikes likes this
- chelsanity likes this
- sadbandit likes this
- bemyonly said: Adele is like the same age as her, yet Adele acts and sings her age opposed to Taylor.
- casker likes this
- greatest-success said: which brings up the topic, how do you bounce back from dating john mayer? Like, as a human?
- lizdexia posted this