So I think I may have finally figured out a framework for the school shooting/massacre book I’ve been wanting to write for years, and refined the themes a little bit, and figured out how to intertwine all five major plotlines, and also I need to start writing it now while the wounds from the past year are still fresh because it’s basically a long screed against grief porn and the 24-hour news cycle and all of these things are still pretty fucking relevant.
(Would it be too topical to include a “Middle Eastern kid stands too close to a bomb and gets blown up so the media jumps to the conclusion that it’s a suicide bombing” thing? Because I SWEAR TO GOD that this idea has been in my head for the better part of a year and I’m pretty bitter that the recent events in Boston have sort of mirrored it — thankfully not to the same extent, of course, but ugh.)
- gimmesorbet likes this
- heulwen-a-merlod likes this
- unkemptramblings likes this
- meetmyalterego said: I feel like including the Middle-Eastern student could potentially offend some readers. It sounds like a good idea, but ultimately I think it would feel forced in a way. You’d have to write it and see.
- notetris said: you should include it!
- etomoeserdtse likes this
- gaytears likes this
- all1s0n-w0nd3rl4nd said: i would read the shit out of this
- thefirstnoelanthony likes this
- lizdexia posted this